12/10/08

This Day In Toronto (Dec 11)

Well, I just got back from seeing the very funny David Sedaris at Massey Hall. What a great show! Was anybody there? The guy is hilarious, and knows how to keep an audience in the palm of his hands. If you don't know his stuff, I suggest picking up any of his books... but "Me Speak Pretty One Day" was the one I started with, and it's as good a place to start as any, or just watch this clip from You Tube. Sooooo.... because of Mr. Sedaris, I didn't get a chance to work on This Week in Toronto. But I'll give you Thurs now, and then the rest of the week tomorrow, K?



THURS DEC 11


Good Lovelies, Antler, and Creaking Tree String Quartet playing at Cameron House (408 Queen W)
Well if this was a line up for just one room, I'd say it's perfect. But unfortunately, you'll have to decide at 9pm whether to see the experimental yet hauntingly folky Antler, or the extremely talented instrumental musings of Creaking Tree String Quartet. Not a fair choice if you ask me. Either way, show up early to see the Good Lovelies. Beautiful harmonies, and a fitting start to an old timey/experimental mash up.


See ya folks tomorrow!

3 comments:

Jessica Rae Gordon said...

I was there! And it was great!
Thanks for the big Christmas present surprise.

Lesley Myrick said...

Where's the rest of the week? It's Monday night and I don't know what to do!

Shawn William Clarke said...

work on your perspective drawings.