2/24/09

Track of The Week: Jealous Guy By Donnie Hathaway

I haven't done a track of the week in some time. But now, that I've finally figured out how to upload audio to my blog, it makes it a lot easier. Plus, I don't want to just put up any song, I want to be excited about it. So, about a month ago I was in my favorite movie store in Toronto, The Film Buff, and this song was playing on the radio. It was a really soulful cover of John Lennon's Jealous Guy. I asked the clerk who it was. She said she didn't know but would check... turns out it's a guy named Donnie Hathaway. My lovely girlfriend had to keep reminding me of the name, as I have the worst memory. After some research and a few stops at various CD shops, I'm searching through Soundscapes and there it is: Donny Hathaway Live.


There isn't much I can say about this. Through this song I've discovered the genius that was Donnie Hathaway. I hope it does the same for you.



5 comments:

Lesley Myrick said...

DONNY HATHAWAY! Like Donny Osmond and Anne Hathaway combined. Yes that sounds stupid, but that's how I remembered his name for you. Now I fear that stupid combination of celebrities will be ingrained in my head forever. You're welcome. :)

PS. I <3 this song.

Alexis said...

More like this Shawn. More like this. It's great. As always, your great taste benefits us all.

Anonymous said...

nice Shawn nice.

Shawn William Clarke said...

I thought you might like that one Sam. Alexis, you truly spoil me.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.