2/24/09

Track of The Week: Jealous Guy By Donnie Hathaway

I haven't done a track of the week in some time. But now, that I've finally figured out how to upload audio to my blog, it makes it a lot easier. Plus, I don't want to just put up any song, I want to be excited about it. So, about a month ago I was in my favorite movie store in Toronto, The Film Buff, and this song was playing on the radio. It was a really soulful cover of John Lennon's Jealous Guy. I asked the clerk who it was. She said she didn't know but would check... turns out it's a guy named Donnie Hathaway. My lovely girlfriend had to keep reminding me of the name, as I have the worst memory. After some research and a few stops at various CD shops, I'm searching through Soundscapes and there it is: Donny Hathaway Live.


There isn't much I can say about this. Through this song I've discovered the genius that was Donnie Hathaway. I hope it does the same for you.



5 comments:

Lesley Denford said...

DONNY HATHAWAY! Like Donny Osmond and Anne Hathaway combined. Yes that sounds stupid, but that's how I remembered his name for you. Now I fear that stupid combination of celebrities will be ingrained in my head forever. You're welcome. :)

PS. I <3 this song.

Alexis Marsh said...

More like this Shawn. More like this. It's great. As always, your great taste benefits us all.

Sam Allen said...

nice Shawn nice.

Shawn William Clarke said...

I thought you might like that one Sam. Alexis, you truly spoil me.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.