8/31/09

Track of the Week: Eazy Speaks by Apostle of Hustle

Hey-o. I'm a little drowsy this morning... Saw a great show last night featuring two bands I had yet to see, Wilderness of Manitoba and the Weather Station. I'll put up a review Wednesday, cause I plan on seeing another great show tonight. Brooke Manning at Heartbeat 960. She's playing with a band these days and it's a truly mind altering experience.

But first, I need a pick me up. Today that pick me up will be coffee and Apostle of Hustle.


Apostle of Hustle is turning into one of my favorite acts on Arts and Crafts. The music is rhythmic, quirky and fun. Their new album Eats Darkness is probably one of my favorites of the year so far. The song Eazy Speaks brings out the good vibes I'm so desperately needing. Any song with the line: "Keep your friends close, enemies closer. Kiss on the cheek from a punk ass poser, hey this shit is on" That isn't by a hip hop artist is ok in my books.


Come back tomorrow for another installment of Walk the Planck by writer Matt Lennox!

No comments: