10/8/09

This Week in Toronto Oct 8-14

yeah, this is late today. So lets get it done fast shall we? Starting... right.... now.

THURS OCT 8

Octoberman at The Dakota Tavern
Caught Octoberman at Barzin's CD release, really great songs. They have a new album out as well, probably be playing loads of new great music! Actually I think this is the CD release... Woo. Oh, and check out their Myspace page, if only for the great Springsteen cover.

FRI OCT 9

Them Crooked Vultures at Sound Academy
Will this suck? Or will it be so cool our heads explode? A supergroup featuring Dave "I'm in EVERYTHING" Grohl, John Paul "Fuckin'" Jones, and Josh "I'm the guy from Queens of the Stone Age and I produce a lot of albums" Homme. Could rock really hard.

SAT OCT 10

Rock Plaza Central at Harbourfront Center
They are taking the stage Saturday, Sunday and Monday for something called HarbourKids: respect. Whatever that is. 4pm each day.

SUN OCT 11

Manhattan playing at Bloor Cinema 4pm
I watched the opening to this film just the other day. One of the greatest beginning to a film ever. And to see it on the big screen? I tear up, that's how perfect it is.

MON OCT 12

Ron Mann Retrospective at Cinematheque Ontario 7pm
I've never heard of Ron Mann before today. But after reading the excerpt on the Cinemtheque Ontario page, I want to see his films. One in particular focuses on Hippy culture in Yorkdale during the 60's.... It'll be amazing to see how much it's changed. Really cool.

WED OCT 14

Wilco at Massey Hall
I just quoted Wilco yesterday. Wilco is great, you don't need me to tell you.

No comments: