11/13/09

This Week in Toronto Nov 13 - 18

Yikes, rushed again! Here we go:

FRI NOV 13

The Wooden Sky at Lee's Palace
AGH! Friday the 13th!! Go see the Wooden Sky! Also on the bill is Brian Borcherdt and Hooded Fang. That's a great bill. You can also hear the Wooden Sky today on Q with Jian Ghomeshi... and Morgan Freeman is on!

Oh I just noticed!! They're playing my favorite film at Cinematheque Ontario tonight!! F for Fake. Orson Welles' brilliant film essay on trickery! I love this movie. If you're a film buff head out to Cinematheque tonight!


SAT NOV 14

Dirty Projectors at Opera House
This will be amazing. I don't have tickets, so I will not be attending, but The Dirty Projectors are... well... they're something.... Something great, but they tend to defy description. If you can't make this head over to C'est What where Robert Hedge is having his 7' release. That's where I'll be.


WED NOV 18

Gordon Lightfoot at Massey Hall
Legendary performer at a legendary venue. He's there for 4 nights starting on Wed. If you loved me you'd get me a ticket, I can't afford it.

No comments: