12/9/09

This Week in Toronto Dec 10 - 16

Hello. Click on the links people. You can hear music from all of these great acts I'm recommending. And, if you like, you can write a comment in the section marked "Comments" Here we go:

THURS DEC 10

Amelie playing at Bloor Cinema 4:15pm
One of the sweetest films ever made. Featuring the gorgeous Audrey Tautou. She's seriously one of the cutest actresses of all time. If this isn't quite your thing, come back at 9:30 for Blue Velvet. Nothing cute about that.


FRI DEC 11

The Constantines, Weakerthans and Attack in Black at Lee's Palace
This is a great triple bill! I can't say enough about the Constantines. They put on a FANTASTIC live show. Weakerthans I've seen a couple times, and they're pretty good. I've never seen Attack in Black... but it must be great.


SAT DEC 12

Patrick Watson at Queen Elizabeth Theatre
This is where I'll be on Saturday. Checking out the guy who should have taken the Polaris prize this year (Fucked Up is great, but Wooden Arms is an amazing album).


SUN DEC 13

Do Make Say Think and Ohad Benchetrit's Years at Enwave Theatre
This will be exciting. I love the Years album, it may turn up in my top 10 of the year... definitely in the top 20. And Do Make Say Think are always amazing. Really, they've been playing for decades, if you haven't seen them yet, what's wrong with you? Get out there!


MON DEC 14

Do Make Say Think, Happiness Project and Ohad Benchitrit's Years at Enwave Theatre
Oh wow. Monday night looks even more exciting! You can catch Charles Spearin's Happiness Project. I wonder how it plays live? If you haven't heard the album, the music is performed to coincide with dialogue he'd recorded of his neighbors. It definitely puts a smile on your face.


TUES DEC 15

White Christmas playing at Bloor Cinema

You know, I've never seen White Christmas... I don't know why that is. It's something I should have seen by now. Oh well, you get Bing Crosby and Danny Kaye! Get in the X-mas spirit!

No comments: