1/11/10

Track of the Week: Don Beggs by Caroline Peyton

So I was at the Eddie Orso show at the Rivoli on Friday. Great show. Eddie and his band where solid! Can't wait to get a hold of the album. Also on the bill that night was a Birds favorite Valery Gore. I was thinking of Valery just the other day, when I picked up the album Mock Up by Caroline Peyton. I found out about Caroline Peyton through the great reissue company Numero Group, one of her tracks featured on their Wayfaring Strangers: Ladies from the Canyon compilation. I then got a hold of a reissue of her 1972 album Mock Up.... So, what does this have to do with Val Gore? Well.... um... I don't know exactly. I guess I thought she'd appreciate Peyton's unique combination of folk and jazz.


Anyways, this song is probably the most out-there track on the album. It really shows off Caroline's vocal range and technique. Check out more of the tracks here.


Oh, and if you're reading this Val, you're more then welcome to borrow the album from me anytime!

No comments: