1/5/10

Track of the Week: Tell Me Why by Neil Young

I listened to 5 Neil Young albums yesterday, for no good reason other than I was lazy and bored and had no money. I had forgotten what a great album "After the Gold Rush" is. One great song after another, I suggest if you haven't listened to it in a while, dust if off and give it a spin.


One of my favorite songs of the album is opener "Tell Me Why". A jaunty acoustic guitar leads off, followed closly by one of Neil's greatest melodies. The full harmonies that follow are fantastic.



seriously though, give the whole album a listen if you have the chance. One of his best.

4 comments:

Christine Bougie said...

this has always been my favourite Neil tune. thanks for reminding of it this morning!

embersonic said...

yep, that's a great one... "When You Dance I Can Really Love" is my fave on that record, personally.

Shawn William Clarke said...

So many great songs on that album! "Don't Let it Bring you Down", "Cripple Creek Fairy". Great album.

embersonic said...

pretty sure it's "Cripple Creek FERRY" but to each his own... lol