2/4/10

This Week in Toronto Feb 4-10

THURS FEB 4

Lisa Bozikovic at The Holy Oak Cafe
I'm loving Lisa's new album Lost August, I even included her track "Grey Sky" as Mondays track of the week. She's playing tonight at the incredibly intimate Holy Oak Cafe. I'm gonna try to make it, see ya there!


FRI FEB 5

Martha and the Muffins CD release at the Music Gallery
The "Echo Beach" new wave rockers will be releasing their first album in 18 years! Playing Friday and Saturday at the Music Gallery, with Birds favorite Wilderness of Manitoba opening! Nice.


SAT FEB 6

Great Lake Swimmers at Trinity St. Paul Church (427 Bloor St W)
If there was ever a band to see in a church, this is it. I know, I've seen them in a church.


MON FEB 8

Magnetic Fields and Laura Barret at Queen Elizabeth Theatre
It's great to see some of my favorite local acts getting the chance to play with bigger acts coming through town. Wilderness of Manitoba opening for Martha and the Muffins, and Laura Barrett opening for the Magnetic Fields. Plus I love the Queen Elizabeth Theatre.


TUES FEB 9

Daryl Orr Jazz band at Gate 403
Man, I haven't been out to see a jazz band in some time. I can only assume that you haven't either. So, how about we meet up in my neighbourhood at Gate 403? A pint and some jazz? Anyone?


WED FEB 10

Wavelength 10th anniversary concert
This is the start of a 5 night event! Tonight will be Bruce Peninsula, Evening Hymns, Pony Da Look, Deep Dark United, and Canaille. To see times and who else is playing this week, check out the facebook page here.

No comments: