10/18/10

Tour Journal: OAL Toronto

Oh Toronto. What a great welcome! We arrived in my home city around 4 o'clock, and I immediately went to my girlfriends place. This is the longest we've been apart, and I was beginning to miss the gal. I had a few hours to rest, hang out, eat a home cooked meal, and then we headed to the Garrison.


It was great to see so many of our favorite people out! We were humbled. Patrick met up with us again! He's on his way from Halifax back home to Saskatchewan. We made sure to get him up on banjo for a couple of songs.

Opening the show was Weather Station. I've had the pleasure of seeing this band once in the past, and it was a treat to see them again. Most of the show was performed as a duo, guitar and banjo, but they brought in a rhythm section for the last song. A great start to the night.

Our current tour mates, Kite Hill were up next. Every time I see them, they get a little better. Singer/Frontman Ryan Carley is getting more confident in his performance, and the audience were really drawn to him. the already large band was joined by a flute player this time. Folks in Hamilton, Windsor and London are going to be very impressed over the next couple weeks.

And that leaves us. I think we played one of our best shows. Everyone was on the top of their game. My only complaint is that we didn't get to play our best track, Louise of Littleville. That song is usually relegated to the encore list. I'm not entirely sure why, but I've never been a big fan of encores.

Either way, the show was a success, and I'm home. I can't help but feel a little directionless. I'll be out to a few of the Ontario dates (Hamilton and London for sure), but the touring part is kinda over. You get pretty close to people when you tour with them. I probably just need a couple days of rest. I have to find some paying work, and I guess get back to focusing on my own music.

Folks in Ontario, there are still a few great shows coming up, first being tues night in Hamilton. I'll try to get a write up for that, come say hi if you see me there!

No comments: