8/27/08

This Day in Toronto!! Thursday Aug 28

Ok, so I don't think I'm gonna get the whole week up today, and I don't have time tonight..... that leaves Friday. But you NEED to know about Tonight (Thursday). Soooo here's this weeks very abridged This Week in Toronto. Click the links for fun, add events in comments section.

THURS AUG 28

Olenka and the Autumn Lovers at the Drake Underground (1150 Queen St W)
Yes, I know, I'm in this band. But I love her work, she's gonna be huge, and you can all tell your friends about how you saw her when she was some chick with a huge band playing at the Drake. And after my eventual drug related down-ward spiral, you can say you saw me play with her, when I still knew how to smile.

Valery Gore with special guest Peter Elkas at Rivoli (334 Queen W)
If you're interested in seeing another great up and coming female artist, head over to the Rivoli and check out Valery Gore. She's got the fantastic Peter Elkas playing with her (not sure if he's playing WITH her or on the same bill, but either way...)

Yay, thursday! Ok, the rest of the week will be up very soon. Keep it real.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

"And after my eventual drug related down-ward spiral, you can say you saw me play with her, when I still knew how to smile."
hahahahahahahhahahahahah!
ha!

Shawn William Clarke said...

Thanks Sam, the truth CAN be funny and upsetting all at the same time!

test said...

Peter Elkis is great. He played at Humber college's North Campus my first year (opened up for K-os, if I remember correctly). Turned out a few years later that a guy I was in a sketch troupe with is apparently his cousin.

Shawn William Clarke said...

True speak, Graham.

Shawn William Clarke said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Shawn William Clarke said...
This comment has been removed by the author.