8/29/08

This day in Toronto (Fri Aug 29)

hey guys, last night I saw the weirdest performance. It was a band called Idle Tigers. Ever heard of em'? It's actually just one guy, Ross Hawkins. His performance is... well... God, I don't know... Olenka said "Ross is Toronto's Oscar Wilde", and I can see why she says that, because Ross is a very clever fellow, but, it just doesn't explain the experience of Idle Tigers. It's a live performance that has to be experienced, but you can check out the music at his myspace. It's Friday, so that means it's time for a late edition This Week In Toronto...er, actually it's just Friday! Click the links, add the comments.... etc...

FRI AUG 29

Two Spaghetti Westerns for the price of one! at Trash Palace. 9:30
Trash Palace is awesome, and tonight they are playing two Spaghetti westerns for the price of one!! The ficks are: The Hellbenders (starring Joseph Cotton!!) and Adios Sabbata (with Yul Brener!). I'm so mad I'm missing this. I LOVE Saghetti westerns, and I haven't seen either of these. Oh well. Check out the Facebook page for more info. Thats all for tonight, I will try to have the rest of the week up tomorrow!!


Trailer for the Hellbenders!!



Traler for Adios Sabbata!!


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

mmmmhmmm, I was there and it was great. Lots of fancy shooting .. I just wish "Blondie" was in them.

Alexis said...

Am starting to make headway on your top 100 from the past 25 years. Just watched The Vanishing. And you're quiet right to include it. Of course, I had to check out the american version (like, on wikipedia) and am so surprised (but not) to know how it changes. I'm still thinking about all the implications of that plot...nice pick. Next is Brazil...

Shawn William Clarke said...

awesome Alexis! Brazil kicks some ass, and you're more than welcome to even borrow it from me.

Jessica, his name is Blondie in just one of the movies. I'm sorry, I'm just mad that you saw this without me.