11/12/08

This Week in toronto (Nov 13 - 19)

I can't say I have much to tell you before giving you the week in Toronto... I saw the Strip last night, for their CD release, it was a very good time, and their new CD is great. You should go see them! But not on thursday, cause...

THURS NOV 13

Iron and Wine at Pheonix Concert Theatre
I love Iron and Wine. His songs are fantastic, and with each album there is an obvious progression, I'm always excited to see what he has in store.



FRI NOV 14

Daniel Lanois at Massey Hall 9pm
Most people know Lanois as the producer for such greats at Brian Eno and U2, but he's also a very accomplished musician. If you're looking for some really beautiful ambient music, than Massey Hall is the place for you. His album Belladonna was one of my favorite albums of last year.



SAT NOV 15

Gentleman Reg and Slim Twig at North York Central Public Library 9pm
This sounds cool! Check this out: "Nothing rocks like reading, and this free show way up at the North York Central Library gives you a chance to fist-pump to awesome local bands while you're flipping through a tattered old copy of Great Expectations. w/ Masia One, Winter Gloves". Right on.


SUN NOV 16

Luke Vajsar at Tranzac Club 5pm
I played some shows with Luke a few years back. He's a great bass player. I saw him with a band and by himself, and both are worth your time. Plus it's an early show, 5pm. See a good show, and then you're out and in bed in no time. Bam.


MON NOV 16

What's that?!?! Oh God it's right behind you!!!
Actually I just don't know what you should do today. So... Look out! It's stealing your cookies!!



TUES NOV 18

The Godfather playing at Bloor Cinema 9pm
Do I have to tell you why you need to see this? It's only one of (if not THE) greatest film ever made... Al Pacino, Marlon Brando, Diane Keaton, James Caan, Robert Duval.... nothing? The print is probably fantastic too. So, whatcha say? Anyone wanna come with?


2 comments:

Jessica Rae Gordon said...

but so do you think Luke Vajsar would accept "nuts 4 bass"? Haha, I'm so funny, and my humor is so exclusive.

Shawn William Clarke said...

haha, you'd probably have to ask him.... But seems fair to me.