7/23/09

This Week in Toronto July 23 - 29

OK, I'm super late (again). So here is the no frills version of TWiT (ha! Twit!) You're all clever folks, so I'm sure if you see something you like you'll hunt it out like some sort of... Prey...

THURS JULY 23

Major Grange and William Delray and the Sexy Moving Parts at The Magpie
Two of Toronto's soon to be well know acts (I just know these things) under one small roof. Be there or, the alternative, Square.

FRI JULY 24

Hey Rosetta and Jenn Grant at Harbourfront FREE!
I do enjoy Jenn Grant a lot, and Hey Rosetta is up for that Polaris Prize thingy! Free shows at the harbourfront are always a good idea.

SAT JULY 25

A Horse And His Boy at The Drake Hotel
Finally!! One of my favorite London, Ontario bands are finally playing the big city!! Please check this out, and when you're there make sure you dance up a storm.

SUN JULY 26

Jon Rae Fletcher at Sneaky Dee's
Not quite as epic as his band the River, but still as mesmerizing.

TUES JULY 28

The Octopus Project at Lee's Palace
I caught these guys last year in Montreal, they were great! I imagine they still are. Plus the leading lady is adorable if memory serves... although that should never be a deciding factor...

WED JULY 29

Zeus and Golden Dogs at the Dakota
I went to the show last night, caught half of Peter Elkas' set and had to head over to the Horseshoe (Frightened Rabbit was great, BTW), so that means I HAVE to get their this wednesday to catch Zeus' set.. this week with The Golden Dogs (their awesome, and exciting and can really rock the fuck out).

Thanks for reading, if you see me at any of these events come over and say hello!

No comments: