8/20/09

This Week in Toronto Aug 20 - 26

Ok so here is this weeks This Week in Toronto! I appologize again for missing last week. Very weird. This week is, well, not that exciting. A couple good events, but it was kinda hard coming up with a whole list. But maybe you'll find something you like. Check it.

FRI AUG 21

Modest Mouse at Sound Academy
I like Modest Mouse, and it'd be cool to see them on tour... but... Johnny Marr isn't touring with them. That kinda sucks. I'd love to see the ex-Smith rock out on stage with this band. Now I could be wrong about that. Marr wasn't on their earlier tour this year.... maybe he'll show up?


SAT AUG 22

The Wind Up Radio Sessions
at the Drake Hotel
I got an email from this Hamilton band, and I really dig their sound. It's poppy and it's fun. What more could you ask for on a Saturday night? Nothing, that's what, Don't be selfish.


SUN AUG 23

De La Soul at Phoenix Concert Theatre
Hip hop legends. That's all you need to know.


TUES AUG 25

Annie Hall playing at Bloor Cinema
This is probably my favorite movie. I just watched it again (for the hundredth time) and it always cheers me up. It's really amazing how fresh and surprising a lot of the gags in this film are. The kind of gags that we still don't see in movies today. I imediately think of the Marshal McLuhan scene. Great film. A must see.


WED AUG 26

Matthew De Zoete and Orphan George at Graffiti's
If you're looking for an intimate show, this is the place. The final part in Quarry records residency at Graffiti's, and it's an acoustic affair. Matthew De Zoete and Orphan George are quite the entertainers, great stage presence.


That's it for this week! I may get something up tomorrow, but chances are I'll see you on Monday, when I'll have an interview with Evening Hymns front man, Jonas Bonnetta.

No comments: