9/9/09

This Week in Toronto Sept 10- 16

Yeah, I said I'd have a great albums series entry up yesterday, but I forgot to post it before starting my new job... so, I'll put it up bright and early tomorrow morning. In the mean time, here's what you have to look forward to this week

THURS SEPT 10 Caribou Variation Ensemble at Opera House
Show of the week. Caribou with a full band, horn section and choir. Amazing


FRI SEPT 11 Ghost Bee's, Snowblink and Lukashevsky at Music Garden
Music Garden is a lovely little spot right on the harbourfront between Bathurst and Spadina. On friday there will be a great show with three great acts plus the Toronto premiere of a monologue by Bruce Peninsula's Misha Bower. Sounds great to me.


SAT SEPT 12 Jason Collett and Justin Rutledge at Junction City Square
Part of the Junction Arts Fest... I think it's free, I could look into it myself I guess... but...


SUN SEPT 13 Mr. Something Something at Junction City Square
Afro funk at the Junction Arts Festival. This one is free, I looked it up.


MON SEPT 14 Ron Sexsmith at the Dakota Tavern
See that? At the Dakota! That may be the smallest venue he's played at in a long time, so if you can get in, I highly suggest it. It's a War Child Benefit Concert, so it's also for a good cause.


WED SEPT 16 THOMAS and Antlers and Anchors at Tranzac
I've yet to see THOMAS but I only hear great things. And if you didn't get a chance to Antlers and Anchors last week, here's your second chance!


OK, tomorrow, the Great Albums Series!

No comments: