10/19/09

Track of the Week: I Want Some More by Dan Auerbach

A couple weeks ago I put up a track from St. Vincent. I had said it was one of my favorite albums of the year. Dan Auerbach's debut "Keep It Hid", is another one of my favorites. Auerbach is mixing dirty blues, folk and psychedelic music (best guitar tone of the years!) in an exciting way, that still manages to feel fresh.





And I think I'll post another song, to give you a feel for the album. This is a folk tune, where Auerbach shows off his vocal chops, called "When The Night Comes", a beautiful soulful tune.





Tomorrow I'll be bringing in a guest writer, Stuart Thompson, who writes for a great blog out of London Ontario called Listen Listen Listen. Happy Monday.

4 comments:

Stuart A. Thompson said...

Haven't heard of this dude before, I don't think. Your description sounds extremely promising but the DivShare embeds don't seem to be working for me. Not sure if they're working at my blog, either! Blah! I'll check out the MySpace tho. Look forward to appearing tomorrow!

Stuart A. Thompson said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Alexis said...

Oh, Shawn, it's great. Will be heading to itunes now. Thanks for another great recommendation.

Shawn William Clarke said...

Hmmm... it appears to be working for me...

Good work Alexis! Thanks for reading!