11/5/09

This Week in Toronto Nov 6- 11

I didn't get this up yesterday, sorry. I just didn't have the time and I didn't really see anything that exciting for Thursday. So here is the rest of the week, extra fast.

FRI NOV 6

Aretha Franklin at Roy Thompson Hall
You know why this is good. You don't need me to tell you.

SAT NOV 7

Timber Timbre and Bruce Peninsula at North York Central Library

Awesome. Go see this.

SUN NOV 9

Shanghai Express playing at Cinematheque Ontario
I haven't seen this 1932 film before, but it's Josef Von Sternberg, his silent and talking films are some of the best (rent the Scarlett Empress immediately!!). Also, it has the always stunning Marlene Dietrich.

MON NOV 8

Man With The Movie Camera playing at Cinematheque Ontario
Amazing Avant-Garde cinema from 1929 Russia. Stunning camera work, and as always, Cinematheque will have a beautiful print.

TUES NOV 10

Girls at Elmocambo
I really don't know much about this band. I only know the song from this very not-safe-for-work-but-pretty-awesome music video. The song is great. I'm listening to more songs right now... also great.

WED NOV 11

Peter Bjorn and John at Phoenix Concert Theatre
I can't whistle. If I could I'd be whistlin' Young Folks all the time.

No comments: