10/23/08

Track of the Week: Halfway home by TV on the Radio


Ba ba baa ba baa ba ba ba
Oh man, I love TV on the Radio. I guest wrote for my good friend Lesley Denford's blog this week, on her Music to Rock your World segment. The band I chose was New York's TV on the Radio. Because of that, I re-listened to their newest CD, Dear Science and I'm absolutely in love with the opening track "Halfway Home".

To hear Halfway Home, and the whole Dear Science album, click this link!

The starts fast with a single note guitar riff, a tom filled drum beat, and something like what I wrote up top on vocals. It isn't long before hand claps enter, and the magic has begun.
The song is so hard driving, with dark lyrics, and (as usual) interesting harmonies. The chorus in particular stands out for me. The melody isn't catchy in the standard way, yet I've been singing it all day.
At the 4:20 mark, the song takes another turn when a double time jam leads the track home.

No comments: